Friday, December 08, 2006

The Fountain: I Want a Refund!

The Fountain was a beautiful movie but it was not enough science fiction to warrant my eyes. All of the metaphysical, tree of life jujumagumbo was tired. I felt like I was in a Tool video. I wasn't drunk enough or high enough to enjoy this movie. I think my expectations were way too high.

...No... I got the gist of everything but ultimately this movie was visually stunning chic flick with poofy shirts to boot.
...Yes... I like that a guy would do anything to save his love.
...Yes... I managed to even drop a tear.

Why were there Conquistadors? What does a cross-legged Buddhist type figure have to do with Mayan mythology? Those were rhetorical questions.*sigh* I don't think I was in the mood for this movie.

I should have spent my money on the new Bond flick. I'll be bitter about this for days.

No comments: