Monday, May 07, 2007

Lost Has an End Date in 2010

from TV.com:
ABC has announced that Lost will conclude after two seasons worth of material--48 episodes--stretched out over three seasons, reports Reuters. Seasons four, five, and six will be 16 episodes each, with the series finale airing in 2010. In addition, the seasons will air uninterrupted rather than take a break midseason.

Lost producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse have signed eight-figure deals to remain onboard through the end, and see the end date as a bit of a relief.

The real question is can they hold us for that long?

I must admit that earlier in the current season, I was a bit unimpressed. The episodes weren't having that many reveals. I was DVRing them and letting them pile up. Somewhere in all of that, the show picked up the pace and I'm hooked again. I am not happy with the suggestion that the Losties are dead and the island is purgatory. Now that I know there are going to be 3 more years, I'm convinced that this is not the case. The parachute lady and Locke's dad are only saying that to throw us off. If the Losties are dead, boy those writers better get ready for me to put up one hell of a fight. (read: pout on my blog)

No comments: