Saturday, October 01, 2005

Serenity: Hell yeah!

I loved this movie and have no complaints....

Well....
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS
I'm pretty pissed about Book and Wash but it made for a good movie. I'm glad Simon grew some balls; nice development.

The origin of the Reavers was great storytelling. I'm not sure how the story would look to someone who hadn't watched Firefly though. I half expected for them to discover that River was a Reaver. I miss the Hand of Blue guys but The Operative (Chiwetel Ejiofor) was awesome enough.

I actually feel like holding a candlelight vigil for Wash and Book. I guess we can't have it all.

I'm happy for Joss Whedon. He did a damned good job. Now if he doesn't do any half-assed prequels, he may stay on my good list.

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar!"
- Hoban "Wash" Washburne

Serenity

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haven't seen the movie yet as we have a newborn at home now, but I did read the novelization the day after it came out and LOVED IT. I hated Wash and Book dying as well. For a bit there I thought that Simon and Kaylee were goners too.

Can't stop the Signal.

Anonymous said...

My husband and I have been to see the movie twice now and it was even better the second time around. I think Joss did a great job provding new viewers with background and the characters without boring those of us who already loved them.
I really hope it does well enough that Universal will be willling to make another one.