Monday, February 04, 2008

Superbowl and Sci-Fi

This year marked the first year that I watched the Superbowl from start to finish. (Okay! I missed the first 20 minutes.) This game had sci-fi written all over it from it's number 42 to the Terminator vs. Foxbot ads. A side note: the animation on the Foxbot's thighs are what got me. The animation was so fluid and life- like. I just couldn't stop looking at the robot's thighs.

Sarah Connor Chronicles got a really big push. It was great to see a sci-fi show, ON FOX no less, getting a mainstream push. If the show stays with the explosions and fast paced storyline, Fox just might retain some viewers. Christensen Hayden has a speaking role in Jumper, which for all intense purposes looks like it might get me in theaters. And sonofa... this guy is going to be in Neuromancer! THERE'S GOING TO BE A NEUROMANCER MOVIE!!! I can only muster a half- hearted girlie- squeal because of the Hayden factor. He has to prove himself to me. He owes me $16 bucks for Episode 2 & 3 but I digress.

I'm not sure what Wanted is but Angelia Jolie is in it and quite frankly, I'm a fan. She makes sci-fi fun and sexy. Next up is The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. Sexy, hot, dreamy man- that- I'd- give- my- paltry- paycheck- too Liam Neeson will reprise his role as Aspan. I'm not a a furry but that lion makes me go rawwwrrrr!


I must say that the game was better than the commercials. If you are a glutton for punishment, the ads are still up on Myspace and Fox Sports.
http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7755014

3 comments:

Jabberwocky said...

I have nothing against Hayden myself,but I don't see him in that role. I would rather see a film like Neuromancer have unknown actors in it.
As for wanting you money back for Episodes 2 & 3 I think you should complain to Lucas after all he wrote it.

scifirantergirl said...

Oh... I don't want my money back. That's just me talking crap. I liked Ep 2 & 3. Hayden was just a bit hard to watch.

Jabberwocky said...

Oh I want my money and my time back from watching episodes 1,2, and 3. Instead of watching those movie could have been better spent trying to get laid by women. Lucas just can't write dialog.