Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Remember Vir-Con?

The 3D Virtual Star Trek™ Convention?

I remember that I couldn't participate because my computer wasn't up to specs back in the day. I remember intentionally getting a new computer just so I could participate in stuff like that. I thought the idea of attending a convention without really being there was kinda cool. They could have not only used avatars, they could have incorporated webcams and other geeky gadgets. Of course there is no more Vir-Cons. I guess the died with the whole "dot-com" rush. I miss the good old "dot-com" days. Everyone was willing to be innovative and take risks. *sigh* I've been in a really idealistic mood lately. Looking around, no one's interested in anything but talking about fashion, people's problems or celebrities without make- up. I think I'm depressed.

No comments: