Sunday, November 05, 2006

Remember, Remember the 5th of November

Happy Guy Fawkes Day!

V for Vendetta

VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both
victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer
of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However,
this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed
to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing
the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict
is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and
veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply
add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V.

- V's introduction to Evey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say thank you for posting that. My boyfriend has the movie and thanks to him I have the poems in it stuck in my head even though our power went out last night and I didn't get to watch the whole movie. Thank you

scifirantergirl said...

That poem was beautiful to me. It's better than most of the rap out today. Just be glad you have that stuck in your head and not some degrading song about shaking your ass.