Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Star Wars: MIA for a week

I'm getting prepared for Star Wars this week so posts will be far and few between. I have to get ready for "the Holy Day line". I've been getting so pumped for the movie that I haven't bothered watching the Enterprise finale. Do you wanna know what got me so pumped up?
Dragon Page's Cover to Cover podcast with Matthew Stover. He wrote the novelization of Star Wars- EPIII - Revenge of the Sith . That guy was so into the book and the story that I totally forgot how disappointed I was with Attack of the Clones. He's making me anticipate May 19th like it was December 25 when I was 5 years old. If you are going to listen to anything about the movie before hand, this podcast is it!

For the record, I loved The Phantom Menace. Liam Neeson made that movie for me. I can watch that movie over and over just for him as Qui-Gon. Now, that's a man! How he stood there with his hair blowing in the wind and light saber just bouncing about. WHOOOO! He made me moan a PG-13 moan! More like an R or NC-17 but enough about that. Liam Neeson pretty much cancelled out Jar-Jar for me. When I tell people I loved Episode I, they always go on about Jar-Jar. I'm always like, "Oh right, I forgot about Jar-Jar." Then they give me this look. Usually it's a guy. When I tell a chick I liked Episode I, she knows what I'm talking about.

The only thing that was a chore about EPII was Hayden Christensen and the factory scene near the end where they were on the assembly belts. *cringe* I rolled my eyes through some of the actions scenes after that because they were so typical. Other than that, I loved the movie. Hayden's accent is just wrong and it makes him sound weird. It's noticeable enough to be irritating. I watched EPII last night and I convinced myself that Anakin wasn't so bad after all. I even got choked up.
I liked Obi-Wan in this movie BUT Ewan McGregor is no Liam Neeson. Ewan is to hot as Liam is to SCORCHIN'!

OK.
I have to calm down a bit because with all of this excitement, I'm setting myself up for disappointment like with that god awful third Matrix debacle. ^@*&%#$!

Anyhoo... I watched Episode 1 the other night and when I saw the two headed alien hosting the pod race, I SO thought of Michael & Evo. Of course, I had to take it a step further. Like it?

No comments: