Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Time Travel Convention: Calling all Doctors

Time Traveler Convention Planned for Saturday, May 7

If you're into time travel, mark your calendar for Saturday, May 7, 2005, when the first Time Traveler Convention will be held at MIT. Or if you miss it, perhaps you can wait a few years and attend anyway. That's kind of what organizer Amal Dorai is banking on.


More information about Saturday's event can be found at the convention web site.
Time Traveller

There's a Doctor Who joke in there somewhere.
I enjoyed this weeks episode. I didn't enjoy it as much as the previous episodes of this season. I guess because I wasn't there to appreciate the whole Dalek thing. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I am a new school science- fiction fan. One of the lazy one's who watches all TV and movies and is offended by those "the book was better than the movie" snobs. :D Just kidding, I read books. I'm still trying to decide what to read next. I'm doing the digress thing again...
Dalek looked like a bronze R2D2 with a plunger on the outside and on the inside looked like a paper mache' project gone wrong. What I really hated about this episode is that we find out that Rose is the woman Doctor Who loves. She's 19, he's pushing at least 40. It's legal in the US but still creepy and is a huge turn off for me. Don't get me wrong, the Doctor is hot and I'd have him for myself but Rose is all wrong for him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually the Doctor is not 40, he's over 900 years old.