Friday, June 24, 2005

No Complaints for Batman Returns

Before I get into any blogsterbation about Liam Neeson, I must say that this film kicked ass. I walked out of the theatre, I was silent and thinking about nothing actually. My companion said, "That was a good movie." I snapped out of my daze and realized that I wasn't complaining or defending this movie. I walked out with nothing to say. What is that about?

Nice job!

I don't really read comic books. I used to watch the old school Batman TV show with Adam West. I used to watch the cartoon on WB. I saw Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever and Batman Debacle.... excuse me, Batman & Robin. I guess I'm trying to say that everything I learned about Batman comes from TV or film. From what I know, this film was true to the Batman story. I always enjoy the Alfred character. I didn't know that Morgan Freeman was going to be in this movie. He's always a treat. What I really enjoyed is that they didn't do the usual gloss over about how Batman learned his fighting skills in the movie. I liked seeing that he actually had training and didn't just wake up knowing how to fight 'cause he was mad as hell and he wasn't going to take it anymore.

....and how could he not learn from that scrumptious Ducard that is Liam Neeson.
Liam Neeson has that Sean Connery thing going on. He gets hotter as he gets older. It's uncanny. I can't tell whether it's his looks or his voice or his demeanor... or those scruffy whiskers that I'd love rubbing against. Gggggrrrrroowwwwwllllll!

I'm going to take that cold shower now.

No comments: