Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Man With The Screaming Brain aka Just Make It Stop

I tried to like it.
Honestly, I thought Alien Apocalypse was better.

When I watch something with Bruce Campbell in it, I watch it because he always play someone who wisecracks. It's his voice and his deliver or something. MWTSB needed more Bruce and less of everything else. In fact, he should have just released a stand-up comedy act to film.

I know the point of the movie was that I was supposed to be bad. Usually these types of movies have charm and makes me want to watch them over and over. This one just didn't do it for me. I watched it twice just to be sure.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Man With The Screaming Brain tried to have a plot or something. Maybe it was the other actors. The crazy gypsy lady was just bizarre. She managed to be ugly and pretty at the same time. That was very distracting and confusing.
Ted Raimi was hilarious but white guys rapping is not funny anymore. Not even with a Russian accent.
That robot was perfect! Does anyone know who was in the robot suit. It reminded me of the 80's. The walk was perfect.

I guess I didn't like Bruce Campbell as William Cole. I really didn't relate to the whole Bulgaria setting. There's a lot of ways this movie could have been done differently and been a MST3K type classic. ... I actually think it is anyway.

I don't know. It's not Army of Darkness, It's not Brisco County Jr. I love you Bruce but I'm not into Man With The Screaming Brain.

No comments: