Monday, September 26, 2005

SG1, Atlantis, Battlestar Galactica

If you haven't watched these shows, you won't know what the hell I'm talking about. I don't do synopsis. I was nice enough to include links though.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

---->Mid-Season Finales<-----
SCIFI - Stargate: Atlantis:
Aurora
Episodes like this is why I love science fiction. I loved the look of the episode and the premise. Too bad there wasn't more time to learn from them.
The Lost Boys
I actually thought that Ford was going to find a planet where everyone figured out the wraith enzyme thing. I didn't think that he was going to create a team. I the drug may be useful in starving the wraith because I think that they can't feed on anyone with the wraith enzyme. I want someone to fix Ford's face. Heal that please. I liked the talk Ford had with Ronan. Side- by- side, it doesn't look like Ford would have a fighting chance with Ronan but when they fought a few episodes back, Ford gave Ronan a run for his money.

SCIFI - Stargate: SG1:
Prototype
I think I missed some episodes somewhere along the way because I honestly don't remember Anubis being killed. We've seen this type of episode on SG1 before. I was kinda bored with it. I was hoping we'd get to see Vala again.
Fourth Horseman
Stargate has been doing a lot of social commentary lately. The finale was intriguing. I liked the dialogue about how faith and belief was the energy that the Ori needed in order to drain people of their will. It's a very touchy subject and I'm surprised that no one has been protesting the show. I guess you'd have to watch and interpret for that and well....
I'm glad Gerak grew some balls in the end but that only made things worse because now he is an Ori.
A viral outbreak on Earth. How much longer can they keep the Stargate a secret. The last time only an Ori could cure everyone. This wouldn't go over well on Earth. This would mean everyone would have to be educated about the Ori, where they came from and convert to their religion if they wanted to live. Given our history, this would not go over well on Earth.

SCIFI - Battlestar Galactica:
Flight of the Phoenix
Love the new ship and I thought it was about time that someone started thinking about replacing some of the ships. The fight between the Chief and Helo was brewing. I'm glad they go it out of the way. Such man love!
I cried like a little girl when they named the ship "Laura" in honour of the president. Awesome!
Another Cylon virus? Yawn! I don't want to see another virus episode for two seasons. It was paced well but it was so "Oh... another virus." Too bad that Sharon can't earn any trust back, she did good.
Pegasus
Why is it that someone with a ship named Pegasus always wants to come in and start throwing their weight around? Cloaking technology aside, I was excited to see Michelle Forbes again. Too bad she came in starting trouble. I don't care if she was higher in rank, you just don't come in and start changing a stable command structure in a situation like this.
...and who ever tailored her uniform should be fired. It puckered where it wasn't supposed to and made her look bad. No one else was having that problem with their uniform not even the overweight male officers. I had to assume they did it on purpose but it was distracting and should be fixed.
OK, back on track... I loved this episode. Though I didn't like Captain Cole's approach, she brought up valid points in regards to Adama's crew. I didn't like it but her points we valid. The Cheif and Helo were out of line but the guys that were getting ready to rape Toaster Sharon were WAY OUT OF LINE! What they did to #6 was disgraceful.

No comments: