Friday, July 29, 2005

SciFi Ranting for Charity

I want to do Blog-a-thon.
During the Blogathon, people update their websites every 30 minutes for 24 hours straight. For this, they collect sponsorships. Pledges can be a flat donation, or a certain amount for every hour the blogger manages to stay awake.

Blogathon will take place Saturday, August 6th at 9:00 AM EST.

I will post Blog-a-thon entries to a separate blog:
SciFi Ranter Girl's Blog-a-thon

I need a sponsor:
What do I need to do to sponsor for charity?
Simply register an account here and pick the sites you want to sponsor for the event. During Blogathon, we encourage you to watch your blogger(s) participate and cheer them on - though as a sponsor, you, of course, can sleep. The next morning check your email for information telling you how much - and how - to make your donation.

Register here.
You can donate/ sponsor me for as little as $5.

Selected charity:

I picked The Planetary Society because they are affliated with SETI. If you would like to donate but to one of the other charities, let me know and I'll choose that one.

I'm taking topic requests:
Post any topics you'd like me to rant about in the comment section. I'll come up with a few myself but I'd like input because I'd talk about Star Wars and Liam Neeson the whole time.

Join in the fun:
Who else is going to try this out? I'll create a special blog roll for fellow sci-fi bloggers.

No comments: