Saturday, July 23, 2005

Thanks for everything James Doohan

I know this is a bit late but I had to give my own farewell message to James Doohan lovingly known as Scotty from Star Trek. What took me so long is I wanted to post my absolute favorite picture of him and it took me a while to find it.
Scotty in a kilt dress uniform. Who couldn't resist a man in a Star Trek uniform AND a kilt? This is what they meant by the best of both worlds.
I thought James Doohan as Scotty was rather hot. ...that rugged yet gentlemanly appeal....
Um... anyway....
My favorite Doohan story was in one of the Trekkies movies. Some Treekie was so down and out that she wanted to commit suicide but because of Doohan's support and encouragement, she came out of it. That's the type of story I love to hear actors tell. It's what good people are remembered for.

If there's a heaven, this guy is in it!


[BTW- This photo is from Star Trek: The Original Series; The Savage Curtain.]

No comments: