Saturday, July 30, 2005

SciFriday: 07/30/05

I wasn't in the best mood today so this could have affected my lack of enthusiasm with tonights showing.

Firefly:
Seen it. Still loved it.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Did I mention? SPOILERS?

Stargate: SG1 - Origin
This episode bored me. I was tired of the Ori last episode. I think the writers laid it on a little too heavy with the religious theme. As the Ori kept driving home that non-believers would be punished, crusade, fire, yada, yada yada, I kept thinking "OK we get it, you are trying to make this show relevant to today". It was over-kill and really nothing that they couldn't have wrapped up in the last episode. I enjoyed the episode but it bored me. Nice appearance with O'Neil but I want Sam back too. Teal'c's shiny hair looks grey in the light. It makes him look older.

Stargate: Atlantis - Runner
This episode marks the first appearance of Jason Momoa as Ronan Dex. The fight with him and Lt. Ford was spectacular. I didn't know that Ford had it in him. Bravo! We got a whole bunch of backstory. SG1 gave us backstory that bored me, Atlantis gave me backstory that interested me and that was relevant to the characters. Will we ever see the army of Lt. Fordites. I would love to see Ford find a planet with an army who has figured out how to make superhuman that can beat the Wraith.
The crew of Atlantis has "picked up another pathetic life-form". I will be bored to have to watch Ronan's integration with the crew. Didn't we have to go through that with Teyla?
Of course, nitpicking aside, I really enjoyed tonight's Atlantis.

Battlestar Galactica - Fragged
Tonight's episode was phenomenal.... again. I totally thought we were going to loose the chief tonight. I realized that I was actually holding my breath. WOW!
Martial law? In my opinion, declaring martial law was irresponsible on Col. Tigh's part. I wish I could have reached through the screen and slapped him. ...that wife of his too. I don't think that Adama will be happy.
Roslin's condition is revealed: I'm glad. I wonder if she's really going to die or not. I hope not, I really enjoy her as president.
The Hatch is Back: Look like he was ready to light fire to Tigh's ...hind quarters.
Finally, Off of Kobal: I totally forgot why they were there in the first place. I don't think that they achieved the mission. They also lost 3 soldiers. Crashdown's exit was just sad.
Didn't the last part remind you of Star Trek: First Contact when Picard, Worf and Lieutenant Hawk put on space suits and venture onto the surface of the starship to stop the Borg from reconfiguring the main deflector in order to contact the Borg of this century, calling them to Earth to assimilate the planet. Sorry, I was geeking out there for a moment. Anyway, this episode had a lot of great moments.
Can it be?
The show we've all been waiting for?
Will this show be enough to replace the Trek void?
Well I'm good so let's hope BSG keeps rocking.

No comments: