Saturday, April 02, 2005

Battlestar Galactica is bad ass

This show started off dark and depressing but Battlestar Galactica managed to hold my attention for the ENTire first season. I don't think I'll have to wait another 3 seasons for the show to become watchable. I didn't force myself to watch this out of loyalty. I watch this show because it is phenomenal. The cast has the perfect chemistry, everyone except Jamie Bamber. He's made me cringe a few times but I can live with him. The guy himself is worthy of a girly squeal but his character gets on my fracking nerves. He's one of those golden boy types who get where they are going in life because of dumb luck.

Stand out episodes to me are "Bastille Day" (introduction of Richard Hatch's character), "You Can't Go Home Again" (when we start not to care that Starbuck is a female. I actually never cared.), "Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down" (Col.Tigh's wacky wife is introduced), "Colonial Day" (a very fun episode) and of course "Kobol's Last Gleaming" (the season finale shocker show).

This isn't a spoiler if you've been watching the show but I really hope Madame President (Mary McDonnell)doesn't die. I like her character. I wish she was the President in real life. She's a perfect president. I hope the season finale shocker person doesn't die either. The show without these characters would be as strong to me. I guess I'll have to trust good old Ron Moore. Dammit man, don't let these folks go.

No comments: