Friday, April 29, 2005

Grab a towel and stand in line

For today The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is in theatres.

I've probably said before that I really like the website BUT I'm pretty pissed that I can't buy a t-shirt or at least a damned towel. I can get trading cards though. Whoopie! TRADING CARDS AND THAT'S IT? The slacker in charge of marketing for this movie should be fired! OR what would be fitting is the torture technique where they put a towel down your throat, let it partially digest and then yank it out of you along with your stomach. That's something I learned from watching 24, second season I think... Would I digress be an understatement here?

The point is, here I am, a woman with a credit card that wants to own something from the movie and all they have is trading cards? Screw trading cards. No ring tones? Not even a Hitchhiker's Guide themed PDA? I expected this stuff to at least be offered.

It's pretty sad that I've been so conditioned to accept marketing that I expect to buy movie stuff. The fact that I'm mad that these people haven't come up with a way to take my money is just sad. I should hang my head in shame for being a tool. I won't though.

They should call themselves OutofTouchstone Pictures. *pout*

No towels were harmed in this post.

No comments: