Monday, August 14, 2006

Blade: The Series... So Far

May Sweeps Has Ended...
May Sweeps Has Ended...,
originally uploaded by macslost.
*SPOILERS AHOY!!!*

Blade is taking it's time and building up slowly. It must be following the old school Star Trek model where it takes 7 seasons to mature. Will this show have that long? I don’t know what the ratings are doing but people are paying for and downloading it on iTunes.

For me, it wasn’t until I saw the episode Bloodlines and Evil Within that I TRULY thought that this show may have a chance. Bloodlines gives a wonderful Blade back story. If you don’t know by now, I LOVE A GOOD BACK STORY. This one puts Blade in a gang when he was young. They even referred to them as “The Lost Boys” the gang is really called “Bad Blood” but the way the gang and the back story is told it is very similar to “The Lost Boys”. For whatever reason, that resonates with me. Blade’s old gang is hunted and outcast amongst the other Vampire Houses because they were turned by the old Kiefer Sutherland like Blade who is now more like Angel. They resent him, kidnap him and use him as a bargaining chip to gain entrance into a prestigious Vampire Clan. You know it doesn’t work but bless them for trying.

Just watch the damned episode, catch it on repeat. It’ll grab you.

There’s another matter.

The next episode is The Evil Within. This has to be the TOP episode because it appears as if the annoying platinum blonde who doesn’t have a purpose on the show dies. The episode deserves an award for getting that nerve pinching wench off of the show. She is apparently replaced by a child vampire like Claudia from Interview with a Vampire. I was impressed with this little girl. She has power and she is playing are really evil adult role.

I still have to catch up on two more episodes. I will post my thoughts after I watch them.

If the show keeps building a strong foundation, it will probably replace the void left by Buffy and Angel. Here’s to hope!

No comments: