Sunday, September 19, 2004

So I finally watched War of the Worlds

NecroRogIcon: Spielberg directing War of the Worlds

and I hated it. It wasn't that it was old, black and white. It wasn't even the cheesy special effects. I thought those were cute. What bugged me was the religious undertone in the movie. I'm not really into mixing SCIENCE fiction and religion. There are thin lines there. I'm more of the sci fi viewer that's into aliens, ray guns:), space ships, space battles, silver or leather clothing and technobabble. I guess the movie took me by surprise because I didn't expect religion to be such a major part of the plot.

The ending SUCKED. I was rather annoyed that GERMS killed the aliens. ::rolls eyes::

Tom Cruise and Steven Speilberg can remake this movie all they want but I'm not watching it. ....

I most likely won't see it...

Tom Cruise...
I'll reluctantly consider going to see this movie....

OK, I'll see it.... but I'll be really moody about it.

War of the Worlds (1953)

No comments: