Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Girlie Squeal! John Woo is making HE-MAN!!!

Woo Takes On He-Man


John Woo (Paycheck) is set to produce and direct He-Man, a new live-action film based on Mattel's Masters of the Universe toys and the animated series they inspired, Variety reported. Adam Rifkin (Small Soldiers) will adapt the screenplay.

The Fox 2000 film will be the second featuring the character of He-Man. Dolph Lundgren starred as the half-human, half-Eternian warrior in the 1987 film Masters of the Universe, which also featured Frank Langella as He-Man's evil nemesis, Skeletor. The cast has not yet been announced for the upcoming film.


This reminds me of being a latch key kind, walking home after school, eating green apples and peanut butter. I'm humming the theme song. I'm seeing Battle Cat, He-Man raising the sword, Man-E-Faces (even though I don't think he was in the opening theme sequence), Castle Greyskull, SKELETOR.... and now I'm seeing Orko.... I'm getting annoyed... The excitement has passed because Orko makes me think of Jar- Jar.

Now the moment has passed.

No comments: