Saturday, October 23, 2004

Shatner on First Commercial Space Flight

ABC News: Shatner Wants to Boldly Go on Space Flight

LONDON Oct 22, 2004 — "Star Trek" star William Shatner and Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Dave Navarro are among thousands of people who want to fly on Virgin's proposed commercial space flights, company chief Richard Branson said Friday.
Branson said more than 7,000 people had registered their willingness to pay the $210,000 fare for the service, which promises to send passengers 70 miles above the Earth.

Of course! It wouldn't be right without him. People may not want to admit it but Shatner as James T. Kirk is an American icon when it comes to space travel and aliens. Let the old man ride.
Oh no! I just had a horrible thought. This is going to turn into a reality show isn't it. Frell me dead.

Technofunk from Think Like Us did the math:
My quick math says that 7,000 * $210,000 = $1,470,000,000. Not a bad return on a $110,000,000 investment.

I really gotta get started on my donations campaign. I would LOVE to be on that first flight. If Shatner gets out of hand, I can be in charge of putting some valium in his champagne. Ball gags work too, I have experience using these on people already!
;)

No comments: