Sunday, January 16, 2005

Battlestar Galactica's Man Love

I don't know if the media is just reporting about Battlestar Galactica because it's news or because they realize the show has potential. It seems to be getting a lot of attention. I think the mini-series ratings kicked so much arse that people can't just sweep this show under that rug that Farscape is under.


I'm a shipper already!

As much as I like to poke fun at Richard Hatch, he's really the hero of this story. Not just the new mini- series but the entire Battlestar Galactica experience as a whole. How many times do we see an actor rallying for people to stay true to the original version of anything. Where are the other actors of the old series? I haven't heard anything from them.
The writers of the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica had a hard sell. I'm really glad they pushed the word re-imagined. I think it went far to ease the die hards into the new series. I get that Ronald D Moore didn't want to recreate something that has already been done. The BSG team knows that fans could rent the DVD's of the old BSG if we wanted to see the exact same thing. I still haven't seen the old series. I don't think that I'm going to watch it just yet. They wanted to make something new and fresh. They received much resistance but still pushed forward. All involved may not care about the opinions of a small time blogger but they've earned my respect.

No comments: