Thursday, January 27, 2005

Geeksta Rap

Geeksta rap
*sigh*

C'Mon.
It's all because of Rajeev Bajaj, a 39-year-old chemical engineer from Fremont who is either going to become the def jammer of the science and technology domain or the poster boy for excruciatingly embarrassing nerdiness.

Bajaj recently spent $15,000 of his own money forming an independent record label and hiring musicians to perform four rap and hip-hop songs he wrote in praise of the engineering profession. He hopes his debut album, "Geek Rhythms," will convince America that engineers indeed are cool.

This article makes him sound incredilbly LAME.

Actual lyrics...
"I made the calculator and computer, too,
'cause math is not something everybody can do . . .
I am an engineer.
Respect my mind.
So bow down when u see me downtown."

A former co-worker from Bajaj's days at Motorola enthuses in an Amazon.com review that this is "the best thing to happen to geeks since Bill Gates."


That may not have been the best reference to use.

As much as I want to eat crow on this later, I'm going to have to say that this seems like it would be BAD! ...and not bad meaning good but bad meaning bad. I'll give him a try but of course I'll need to download it for free to "evaluate" it first.
www.rlpkrecords.com

[edit] Nevermind, I took one look at that awful looking website and could torture myself no further. A free page with Blooger would be better than that. One word bro.... Mambo.

No comments: