Saturday, February 05, 2005

Microsoft Develops Halo Film

Microsoft Develops Halo Film

Microsoft hired screenwriter Alex Garland (28 Days Later) to script a feature-film version of its best-selling video-game franchise Halo, to be presented as a complete package, Variety reported.

This strategy is the handiwork of ex-Columbia Pictures president Peter Schlessel, who quit the studio to become a producer just over a two years ago. He is expected to serve as a producer in some capacity on the Halo film, the trade paper reported.

The Halo franchise is one of the most popular in video-game history, having sold more than 12.8 million units and grossed approximately $600 million since its 2001 debut. Last year, Halo 2 sold 6.4 million copies and was the second-best-selling video game of the year.

The plot of Halo centers on a warrior soldier known only as "Master Chief" who battles a group of alien religious zealots who believe one of their most sacred artifacts is located on Earth.
I have an XBox and I've never played this game. In fact, my XBox collects dust. I'd play it if I had a dual screen TV or picture-in-picture but just playing a game to me is kinda boring. I guess I haven't played Halo. We'll see if Microsoft will will cool points with this film. I personally don't have a problem with Microsoft.

No comments: