Saturday, July 29, 2006

I Want to be a Superhero!!!

The Man
The Man,
originally uploaded by Khoi Vinh.
I just watched the pilot/premiere of Who Wants to be a Superhero and I must say that I enjoyed it. The commercials had me concerned and you know that I'll be the first one to call B.S. when I see it. This one is produced well and it seems like some bizzaro edition comic book where actual hero's get caught in some modern TV reality show. They eliminated two "heroes" in the first episode. One was an action figure maker, Levity and the other was a rabid comic book fan, Nitro G. Sends a message that fans of the genre don't cut it as the real thing. My favorite so far is Majory Victory because he's just so cheesy. One of the prizes of this show is to star in a SciFi Originals movie based on the winner's character. Major Victory has a Bruce Campbell thing going on that would be hilarious to watch.
Don't expect anything out of it and it seems fun so far.

No comments: