Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Battlestar Galactica: Razor

Bottom Line: I liked Battlestar Galactica: Razor.

I remember when they first introduced Helena Caine, I thought the story was wrapped up too fast. I wanted more. I feel that someone listened. This story was interesting but didn't impose itself with the latest happenings of the current storyline on BSG until the last scene.

Helena Caine... that bitch is fierce. She had the Darth Vader style of management. Too bad because Scott Bacic is one of my favorite actors. It was good to see him in BSG. Maybe he can come back as a cylon or something. Anyhoo... Caine is definitely no Janeway. She's shooting her 2nd in command, authorizing Cylons to be raped, ordering civilians to be executed and their ships to be pillaged. To top it off she awards her lap dog, Kendra Shaw, with a knife.

There were two big reveals in this episode. One was that Adama discovered some cylon hybrid ships. They were the bridge between the toaster cylons and the new model skin jobs. The cylons also had some sort of superweapon. I really didn't care about that though.

The second big reveal is that Starbuck is supposed to be leading the human race to its end. She is the herald of the apocalypse; the harbinger of death. They must not follow her.
Interesting....

2 comments:

Dave Splash said...

I thought the other big reveal was that Caine and Caprica 6 were lovers before it was discovered she was a Cylon. That was huge to me.

The Adama thing was interesting, and if you remember in the pilot Adama had that note telling him how many models there were. Seems to me that he has known a lot more than he has still let on.

scifirantergirl said...

The Caine/Caprica 6 thing made sense to me when it was revealed. It explains why 6 was so severely "abused".