Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I Wish Lucas Was My Uncle

I need some money too!!!! I always wondered how charity worked and what the "giver" gets out of it. I don't know for sure but is it for that warm, fuzzy feeling or what? Whatever the cast, BRAVO! George Lucas. From what I hear, charity is good.

Lucas Gives And Gets In L.A.

Star Wars creator George Lucas is donating $175 million through his Lucas Foundation to his alma mater, the newly renamed University of Southern California School of Cinematic Arts, the largest single donation in USC's history, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Of the donation, $75 million will be earmarked for the construction of new educational buildings on the Los Angeles campus and renovations of existing structures at the school, while $100 million will provide an endowment.

In related news, Lucas was named grand marshal of the 118th annual Tournament of Roses in the L.A. suburb of Pasadena, Calif., the Associated Press reported. The theme for the annual New Year's Day parade is "Our Good Nature."

No comments: