Saturday, October 20, 2007

Star Trek Cast Update

Yes... I know I'm late on this one. I turn my head for one second and we have Kirk, Bones and a different but acceptable Scotty! I really wanted Paul McGillion for Scotty but Simon Pegg is a great choice too. With Simon, you know there is going to be humor without effort. This also has to be a dream job for him because he is such a geek.

The startrek.com website asks the question "Who should play Pike?" Looks like imdb.com has it rumored that it will be Mike Vogel. Does this mean that it's official that the new movie will center around the original episode "The Menagerie"?

More on "The Menagerie" debut.

I getting a bit more excited about this project. They are really doing a great job with casting.
If it's actually good, I will go back to watch a second time in costume. (not)


From imdb.com:
Cast (in alphabetical order)

Zachary Quinto ... Spock

Chris Pine ... Kirk

Eric Bana ... Nero

Simon Pegg ... Scotty

Zoe Saldana ... Nyota Uhura

Mike Vogel ... (rumored)

Anton Yelchin ... Pavel Chekov

Karl Urban ... Leonard 'Bones' McCoy

Leonard Nimoy ... Spock

John Cho ... Sulu

2 comments:

AllMediaReviews said...

they MUST find a way to write Shatner into the Cast. They should consider doing what they did in ST V at the campfire or like the Indiana Jones Chronicles with Harrison Ford..show Shatner *looking back*.

How in the bloody hell can you have Nimoy and NOT Shatner???

scifirantergirl said...

I feel the same way about Shatner. I think they want to make him beg for it because he is such a diva.