Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Wachowski Brothers Doing Speed Racer

Who is still bitter about Matrix 3 raise your hand?
*scifirantergirl raises her hand*

Who cut the Wachowski's a little slack because of V for Vendetta raise your hand?
*scifirantergirl looks around and raises her hand reluctantly*

Who is pumped up about Speed Racer but unsure about the Wachowski involvement?
*scifirantergirl raises her hand*

SciFi Wire reports:
Producer Joel Silver told reporters to expect a trailer for the Wachowski brothers' upcoming film adaptation of the anime classic Speed Racer sometime around Christmas. Speaking at a news conference to promote Fred Claus, Silver said the live-action movie is "a wild ride," adding: "There's going to be a trailer out at Christmas, and it's pretty spectacular. So you'll see it pretty soon."

Talking about his longtime collaborators, Silver said: "The Wachowski brothers can't do anything easy. You know, they want to make it as hard as they possibly can. So it's a movie that has a look that you have never seen before, and it's really a vast panorama for the story."

If you read the rest of the article, it talks a good talk. It peaked my interest. Deep down, I really want to forgive the Wachowski's for Matrix 3. Will Speed Racer make up for it? I don't know. What I do know is that I used to watch this cartoon as a little girl. Truth be told, I had a little crush on Speed Racer. I look at Emile in the picture up there and I'm not in love. He looks like he can work though. We'll see...

9 comments:

Paul Weimer said...

I think you have to look at Matrix 2 and 3 together as a unit that doesn't work well, rather than pinning the blame solely on 3.

After all...what exactly was the point of that freeway chase in 2?

Jabberwocky said...

not a fan of Speed Racer, so I have no interest in the movie.

scifirantergirl said...

I'm willing to let the freeway chase go because it was cool looking. I'm also prepared to look at Matrix 2 as a stand alone because I can't bare to watch Matrix 3 again as long as I live.

Chris said...

I just remember seeing Matrix 2 in the theatre and almost everyone was laughing at it -- including me. My hopes for Matrix 3 were so low that I don't recall being disappointed by it (or laughing quite as much). Bottom-line...both were terrible.

scifirantergirl said...

I can watch Matrix 2 for the car chase and those creepy twins. The bullet effects were decent. The dialog with Neo and The Oracle in the park was fun. My favorite was Neo fighting all of those Smiths. Even the French guy was funny. There was no fun in Matrix 3. There was nothing in Matrix 3 but an agonizing mess of cinematic feces. I'm not bitter though.

scifirantergirl said...

Neo vs. Mr. Smith. He's a chatty one that Mr. Smith.
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/neo-vs-mrsmith-and-many-more/14626796

scifirantergirl said...

Here's a shorter URL instead.
http://tinyurl.com/3ah69c

Jabberwocky said...

well I have seen the Trailer for Speedracer and I have to say not impressed with it.

scifirantergirl said...

If I'm impressed,I'll be surprised. I'm going to try to like though.