Monday, July 05, 2004

Scotty Battling Alzheimer's

Yahoo! News - Scotty Battling Alzheimer's

This is has been in the news for some time. I just heard news of a relative's death yesterday. Ronald Reagan just died and he had Alzheimer's. My point is I don't want to hear about any more death. For the past few years, I've noticed that summer seems like the season of death. Mainly for the sick and elderly. I hate the summer.

We all have to die. We all are dead longer than we are alive. That's not what gets me. It's the funeral customs of this society. The whole looking at the dead body. It's something that I HATE. I can't handle it. I think it it's sick and morbid. Not only do you have to deal with the person's death but you have to look at them all dead, distorted and inanimate. That's the worst punishment known to mankind. Not worse than "finding" the person dead or having to "identify" a body. I have a lot of family members older than me. Mom, Dad, Grandparents, etc. I calculate over 20 mandatory funerals in my lifetime. That's not including other people I know. Maybe it's just me but it's more than I can handle.

From http://www.alzheimersconcern.com/2001.php
About 4 million people in the U.S. have Alzheimer's. It is an illness that makes it hard for people to remember, think, and use language. It can make them act strange or seem moody. After a while, people with Alzheimer's have a hard time with things like using the phone, cooking or handling money.

No comments: