Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Boing Boing: Space House for Earth


104-0466_IMG_space_house_pc_L, originally uploaded by scifiranter.

Boing Boing: Space House for Earth

Yes! All I need is my flying car and my robot maid. I gotta get rich so I can get this house built for me.

It is called SpaceHouse. It can withstand vibrations from earthquakes of up to 7 on the Richter scale, wind speeds of up to 220 km/h and up to 3 metres of flooding!

It is designed by the European Space Agency.

I wonder how much something like this would cost. Maybe not the actual SpaceHouse but something designed like it.

I've always wanted to have a city dedicated to technology. No one who wasn't a technology enthusiast could live there. Maybe a private city. Not government funded. It would be built from the ground up with the latest in today's technology. It would also have a "futuristic" design. Anything not made in the last 5 years or anything that is not the latest of it's kind would not be allowed!

No comments: