Wednesday, August 11, 2004

FCC Clears 'Buffy,' 'Grace' on Charges of Indecency

Yahoo! News - FCC Clears 'Buffy,' 'Grace' on Charges of Indecency

WTF?
A) This show has been cancelled.
B) Get a life.
C) If you don't like it, don't watch it.
D) There are other shows that can be targeted.


The episode and scene in question happens to be my absolute favorite love scene of all times. This is the way that I'd like to have sex all of the time. I'm that vicious but I haven't found a man that could sustain that much injury or passionte.... this is another story.

The episode:
Buffy- Season 6- Episode 109 - "Smashed"
The Parent Television Council, one of the more active groups on the indecency front run by L. Brent Bozell, complained to the commission about an episode of "Buffy" that aired April 22, 2003, on WDCA, a UPN affiliate in Washington. In the episode, the characters Spike and Buffy fight before having sex, according to the order.

"The commission noted that there was no nudity and there was no evidence that the activity depicted was dwelled upon or was used to pander, titillate or shock the audience," the commission said in a release.


I sat here for a long time trying to figure out what to say in response to this. I can't believe that there are people going around wasting other people's time like this. The show is cancelled. If they would have won, then what?
I see that someone has a organization and is trying to make themselves popular by riding the coat tails of a popular show. Need some donations? I'm glad they dismissed their stupid claims. I think they should be sued for being stupid.

No comments: