Monday, August 30, 2004

"The Genii have what we call a Confederation of Planets"

Did anyone else crack up at this line?
....if you watched Stargate Atlantis: Underground (Guest Starring Colm Meaney)

The writers of Stargate have THE best sense of humor. There are so many Star Trek references in this show. That's pretty humble of them... not to mention smart because they know their audience. Maybe I read too much into that comment.... nah!
Last week the compared Dr. Beckett to Dr. McCoy. Even Farscape does this.

It was GOOD to see Colm Meaney. Speaking of which.
I haven't been able to go on to the StarTrek.com website without seeing spoiler alerts everywhere. What's up with that? I already know that William Shatner is supposed to be on a show next season. In what context, I can only guess it has something to do with the space nazi and City on the Edge of Forever. Then I caught a headline that he may not appear because of money. That confusion is the only reason I'm not upset about the spoiler. Then I go to the news section today and there's some spoiler alert about Dr. Noonien Soong. I quickly hit the back button and turned Peer Guardian back on to block the site. (Peer Guardian blocks the IPs of some companies) I am determined to not get spoiled.


SCIFI.COM | Stargate Atlantis

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter and I have noticed that Stargate & Star Trek seem to use a common pool of actors, too. Colm Meany last week, and Jolene Blalock next week. John de Lancie, Robert Picardo, Marina Sirtis, Rene Auberjonois to name a few more. I think it's kinda cool.

scifirantergirl said...

I guess those guys need work too. :) Have you noticed that they use the same pool of guest stars and extras too?