Saturday, November 13, 2004

One Stagate fan site gets pissed off at another

SG-1 Archive Forums -> Editorial: Spoilers as News? Too Far?

The very popular Stargate fansite GateWorld has posted a news item which contains a major spoiler for the finale of Season Eight. It has always been the opinion of this website's owner that major spoiler information does not belong on the front page, where anyone can see it without explicitly choosing to view it. Several spoiler lists exist for this purpose, as well as our own spoiler forum. We believe it is irresponsible to post such spoilers as news.

We'd like to know what you think. Is it acceptable to post major spoilers on a general Stargate news site? Should GateWorld re-think this policy? Are we way off-base?


Bad, bad Gateworld. *spank, spank, spank*

I hate reading spoilers. I like to be warned and I like to be given the option to turn away. I like for the story to unfold and be fresh. I like to be surprised. The writing for some of these shows are predictable enough without someone giving me the whole enchalada.

In my opinion, if the story has already aired, it's fair game.

No comments: