Thursday, November 18, 2004

V is for Vile

Andy and Larry Wachowski (the Matrix movies) will produce a film adaptation of Alan Moore's futuristic graphic novel V for Vendetta, and Matrix first assistant director James McTeigue is in talks with Warner Brothers to direct, Variety reported. The Wachowskis originally wanted to direct the adaptation themselves, but set it aside to do the Matrix trilogy of films. Matrix producer Joel Silver will also produce V, the trade paper reported.

V for Vendetta takes place in an alternate future in which Germany wins World War II and Great Britain becomes a fascist state. A terrorist freedom fighter known only as "V" begins a violent guerilla campaign to destroy those who've succumbed to totalitarianism and recruits a young woman he's rescued from the secret police to join him, the trade paper reported.

*yawn*

I've had enough of Germans and the what- if- they- won scenario. (Thanks to Star Trek: Enterprise)

Have I said that I'm still bitter about Matrix: Revolutions? I just thought I'd mention it.

I'll give the guys another chance though. They'd better make it worth it.


No comments: