Sunday, September 02, 2007

OT: Big Love - A Look At Polygamy


Polygamy.

There are people actually practicing it here in the United States. Live a little and you will meet all sorts of people and it takes all kind to make the world go around.

Big Love seems like a Leave It To Beaver depiction of polygamy but unexpectedly fascinating. Who would have known that a story about an illegal and questionable way of life would be so captivating? This show is so well written and if unrealistic, it still approaches the subject with a dignity and humor that leaves you thinking. This show reminds me that there is so much that I don't know about the world and relationships. Polygamy is not right for me but makes me wonder if any one way of life is the right way.

The actors in this show do an amazing job. The writers steer you away from the elephant in the room and make you care about the individual characters and all of their triumphs and struggles. I still feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone when I watch this show but it keeps me coming back for more.

Big Love @ HBO
Big Love @ Wikipedia

No comments: