Sunday, September 30, 2007

Yet Another Remake: Knight Rider

I must admit that I'm a little excited about a new Knight Rider series. Then I think of Flash Gordon and calm down a bit.

I thought "they" tried a Knight Rider re-make/re-imagining with VIPER. I could be wrong about that but I could have sworn that one of the girls on the show was supposed to be Michael Knight's daughter. It's possible that I imagined the whole thing. Someone back me up if you know what I'm talking about.

from the SciFi Wire:
NBC has tapped filmmaker Doug Liman to produce a Transformers-inspired reworking of the 1980s hit action-drama Knight Rider, Variety reported.

The network is readying a two-hour backdoor pilot for the series, with tentative plans to air it as a TV movie later this season. Liman is open to the idea of directing, assuming his feature schedule allows. If the TV movie clicks, a new-model Knight Rider could be on the air as early as next fall, the trade paper reported.
Is it just me or is NBC trying to kick some expletive deleted???

No comments: