Monday, August 27, 2007

The 4400: Ghost in the Machine

The 4400: Ghost in the Machine

Ever woke up next to a guy and discovered that he was crazy?

This is how you'd feel if you haven't been keeping up with The 4400. Tom Baldwin has been body snatched by a person from the future who wants all 4400 dead. Shawn gave Dr. Burkhoff facilities to discover a way to test yourself before taking the Promicin shot because of the 50/50 life or death thing. Dr. Burkhoff discovers that left- handed people have a better chance of surviving. (I totally wanted something more complex than that because I'm not left- handed.) Rational people think this is good news. Jordan Collier thinks that everyone should take the shot because he thinks that if you don't have a 4400 capability that you should should be obsolete.

In this episode, a man suffering from a stroke is attacking a big financial company and is making the stock crash. This company is secretly giving financial backing Tom and his crew of futuristic body snatchers. The company had to be saved at all costs so Tom kills the 4400 responsible by making it look like an accident. This makes Diana suspicious and she and Megan now suspect that Tom has been compromised. Tom suspects that they have found him out. In the midst of all of this, Tom reactivated Isabelle's 4400 power.

This episode had a lot of set up. I think the season finale is going to be one hell of a ride. The way they've been telling the story, I can't really tell what direction the story is going and that is something that keeps me tuning in.

2 comments:

bettyscg said...

Ghost...

Cat this episode had me on the edge of my seat. I can't wait to see how Isabelle will handle her powers this time. Part of me wants her to be a good girl and yeah just crush the implant Tom inserted in her head, but who doesn't love a sexy bad girl? I wish I could see more of her dad Richard Tyler. He needs another story besides Isabelle.

I think Tom enjoys being a bad guy for a change. He's got a great creepy look. But would you keep sleeping with a guy like that?

You were right about Kyle's red-headed girl. She must be a 'Marked' one or someone working with Tom. Kyle needs to wake up Isabelle may see what she really is but I want Kyle to handle her and stop being such a 'Tool' as you like to say.

Looking forward to your next Lipstick Aliens podcast.

Betty

scifirantergirl said...

I totally agree about Richard. He has THE coolest power. He can fight anyone. OHHHH... Kyle's red head *is* probably working with evil Tom. Good call!