Monday, August 06, 2007

Masters of SciFi: A Winner!

Anyone that's been reading me for awhile knows how I feel about The Outer Limits. It's my favorite sci-fi show of all times. More so than Star Trek and X-Files and trust me, that is saying a lot.

If you loved The Outer Limits, then you'll LOVE Masters of Science Fiction! I hope the comparison doesn't offend anyone because to me it is an extreme compliment.

From the show's theme, to Steven Hawking doing the "control voice" at the beginning and end of the episode, to the episode itself. The first episode is A Clean Escape. The actual story could have taken place in any timeline. I suppose the high tech gadgets and the futuristic setting is what truly makes makes this story sci-fi. This story was about consequences, responsibility and accountability.

Masters of Science Fiction Official Site
Masters of Science Fiction Wiki
Masters of SciFi on tv.com
Masters of SciFi on ABC

Masters of Science Fiction is an American television anthology series, created by the same creators as Masters of Horror. The show debuted on ABC on August 4, 2007 at 10PM for a run of four episodes.[1] It was originally scheduled to run in six parts, but two episodes were removed from the schedule for undisclosed reasons.[2]

I hope these missing episodes show up on the DVD. I really want to see more of this show. Four episodes are not enough. I like what I see and I want more!!!! I even sat through the commercials on this one. I can't wait until next week!

PREMIERING SATURDAYS IN AUGUST AT 10pm ON ABC

6 comments:

Selganor said...

While I'm really no great (hard) SciFi fan, the first episode of Masters of SciFi was really great.

Just do yourself a favor and DON'T check out the episode entry in Wikipedia or you'll get spoiled like I got.

scifirantergirl said...

OH NO!!! I'm sorry about that Selganor. :(

What do you mean you're not a great SciFi fan? I know you are kidding!!!

Selganor said...

I'm not kidding. Hard SciFi really puts me off.
Don't try to approach me with 2001, Solaris or other "classics". And the more technobabble there is the more you'll see my eyes glaze over.

Although I got lots of SciFi movies in my dvd collection (and watch lots of "scifi" series), the pure science factor of them just doesn't interest me that much.

Jabberwocky said...

Quite enjoyed the episode, looking to watch more as time permits. I prefer the Hard Sci-fi myself, it tend to get board went I can debunk the Pseudo-science in them.

TllGurl said...

I'm going to give this a try. It's been years since I watched anything on ABC ("years" like in the last regular show I watched on ABC was "TWIN PEAKS").
In fact, ABC is one of the networks I'd dump if I could trade something for HBO.

scifirantergirl said...

It's another show that's worth it. I'm not sure why they have it on Saturday nights. I totally forgot to watch it this week. I'll be catching it later tonight or tomorrow.