Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Eureka: E-MC...?

Eureka: E-MC...?

This wasn't the best episode of Eureka. Nathan Stark and Henry Deacon are all aglow because they are going to recreate the "Big Bang" using a device they invented called a Chaotic Inflation Device. Allison Blake has just recruited one of those geeks you hear about that get hired after they hack a government website. The new geek in town, Zane is to remain in Jack's custody until he is deemed trustworthy. There were some great lines here between Zane and Lupo. He bought her lingerie with the credit card information that he stole from Jack. He proves how smart he is by breaking out of an unbreakable prison cell. Because of this, Jack thinks that Jake is responsible for all of Eureka's scientists recent decline in intelligence. The whole town can't remember anything, the scientists are watching cartoons, playing with yo-yos, remote controlled cars and meanwhile the "Big Bang" experiment is in danger of breaching it's containment field. Zane finds a ways to stop Global Dynamics from exploding but the scientists are still "stupid". As it turns out, it wasn't this experiment that turned the town silly, it was a batch of cloned chicken meat. In an attempt to be humane, the chicken farmer was growing this meat without the chicken and it lacked key ingredients because the meat's growth wasn't regulated by the chicken's brain.

Whew!

I know I said earlier that this wasn't my favorite episode but I did actually like it. I just didn't buy the stupidity of the cast. They just weren't stupid enough. I wanted to see something believable. I'm not sure what it was but this is something the cast didn't pull of to me. There's a first time for everything. I hope we don't have to go through that again. I like this crew smart and quick- witted.

No comments: