Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Hopefully Fox Won't Terminate Sarah Connor Chronicles

I caught the first episode of this show it and it is off to an EXCELLENT start. It's on Fox so I'm a little scared but I going to actually try a little hope... perhaps faith... in Fox that they won't cancel this show in the first season.

First, we know the show is going to be a treat because we get Summer Glau from Firefly/Serenity. This is her new gig and NOT a guest appearance. I didn't realize that until I started reading around for more info on the show. Next we get Thomas Dekker as John Connor. He was Cheerverine's best bud from Heroes. The lady of the hour, Sarah Connor is played by Lena Headey. She was Queen Gorgo from The 300.

The pilot had it's fair share of explosions. It reminded me of the good old days of Stargate: SG1. Lena Heady as Sarah Connor is not as... butch? as Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor. Lena has a softer edge. She's firm, yet tender to our whiny, hero John Connor. John isn't as whiny as Luke Skywalker though :) Summer Glau as a Terminator is excellent. This is a perfect role for her. I wonder if they will kill her off on The 4400?

I don't really want to say much more until it is released on Jan. 1, 2008. I will say that it's a damned fine piece of programming and I can't wait to see more. I'll also say that this story takes place as if Terminator 3 never happened. I'll tell you now, I want a guest appearance from Joe Morton and Robert Patrick.
At the end of Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Sarah, John and the Terminator successfully destroy the T-1000 and the arm and computer chip from the first Terminator. Sarah and John then watch as the Terminator is lowered into a molten steel pit in an attempt to destroy all future technology that could be used to create Skynet. Sarah and John now find themselves alone in a very dangerous and complicated world. As fugitives from the law, they are confronted with the reality that still more enemies from the future, and the present, could attack at any moment.
Wikipedia: Sarah Connor Chronicles
IMDB: Sarah Connor Chronicles
FOX: Sarah Connor Chronicles

6 comments:

The Spy's Goodbye said...

"I'll also say that this story takes place as if Terminator 3 never happened."

But it takes place between 2 and 3, no?

scifirantergirl said...

Yup. I think so.

Jabberwocky said...

I figure that the series will only be around about 3 episodes, after all this is fox we are talking about. So far the only thing that has had me interested in watching it has been Summer Glau.

scifirantergirl said...

That's so true Micheal. I'm really scared for this show. I don't know why Fox is allowed to make sci-fi anymore. There should be a law.

Jabberwocky said...

Well you would think that those that want to make sci-fi would realize that Fox is not the place to go if you want to give your show a chance at making it. Better still we need to come up with a method for sci-fi to be produced and distributed in a why to by pass networks.

scifirantergirl said...

That, my friend, is called Sancutary. http://www.sanctuaryfans.com/