Thursday, March 15, 2007

Blood Ties: Lifetime? Original Series about Vampires???

Lynne ordered me :P to watch Blood Ties so that we can talk about on our next podcast. It's a show about vampires and stars Christina Cox. She's appeared in several of our favorite sci-fi TV shows over the years like Earth Final Conflict, Stargate, Mutant X, Andromeda, Numb3rs and Dark Realm. I don't recognize the other faces in the show.

The show is about a fiesty female ex-cop turned P.I. with bad vision who discovers that there are things that go bump in the night and they have fangs. Yep... that's about it.

First, I can tell that this is being filmed in Vancouver. I want to move there SO bad now. It's such a beautiful city. Jobs anyone??? :) Second, it looks like the crew from the now defunct Blade TV Series went straight back to work on this show. It has the same type of production feel to it. I'm going to keep watching it just to look at the scenery. Third, why is this show on Lifetime? Seems so out of place. I'm sure it's to get some sci-fi eyeballs on the ads on the Lifetime Channel. I NEVER watch that channel. I guess it's kinda like how Sci-fi has wrestling. People, give us some credit. I'm only going to watch what I like and the rest of your content be damned.

Let me start by saying that I did not hate the pilot and I'm willing to give it a chance. (Especially since next week they are going to have a story about voodoo and zombies. Zombies always win in my book.) I will say that you can't get your hopes up on this show. It's one of those shows that starts on it's death bead. It's a little cheesy with all of the predictable hokey rituals and the reality vs. "omg this can't be real" schtick. The dialogue makes your brain hurt but the show a little cute and has some potential. I'm going to see where it goes.

1 comment:

Dru said...

Just so you know this show is based on a series of Books written in the 90's.

The Blood Books (Victoria nelson) by Tanya Huff.

The first two ep's. were based on the first book which is called Blood Price. :)

And it's on Lifetime I guess because Vicki is a strong female character and that's what Lifetime is all about, ain't it?

And Henry's hot.