Thursday, March 15, 2007

SG-1 Cancelled? I'm Still In Denial

So it's really being cancelled? Like??? Seriously????

I don't understand....
What does this mean????

-------------------------
I just read the SciFi Wire about Stargate: Continuum and some of it is being filmed in Alaska. Now... since these things are "films". I wonder if someone is going to arrange limited screen viewings. That would help me get out of my denial and welcome these straight to DVD monstrosities with open arms.

According to the article, only Tapping and Shanks will be going. (I bet they are pissed) They are also going to be getting some footage of a big submarine breaking through ice. That's awesome! I thought they did all of that CGI these days. Seeing the real thing is a treat.

Here is the premise of the film:
In Stargate: Continuum, SG-1 attends the execution of Ba'al, the last of the Goa'uld system lords, when Teal'c (Judge) and Vala (Black) inexplicably disappear into thin air. Carter (Tapping), Daniel (Shanks) and Mitchell (Browder) race back to a world where history has been changed: The Stargate program has been erased from the timeline. As they try to convince the authorities of what's happened, a fleet of Goa'uld motherships arrives in orbit, led by Ba'al; his queen, Katesh (Vala); and his first prime, Teal'c. SG-1 must find the Stargate and set things right before the world is enslaved by the Goa'uld.
Haven't we seen this before? Ah well, sounds like big fun either way.

1 comment:

IgwanaRob said...

RDA will be in it

Here's a decent franchise timeline as well

;-)